Saturday, April 3, 2010

Hughes GXCEBOT - DVR - TiVo - DIRECTV

My Hughes Directivo broke after about 4 months of use. After much digging, I was able to find a tech support phone number where, after walking me through a few steps, the offered to mail me a new one - provided I provide a credit card number that will be charged for a new unit if they don't receive my broken one within one months time. One week later I got the first replacement unit. That one didn't work. After one more week I got the second replacement unit. This one has worked a day, so far. I am not impressed. Plus I have to mail back two broken units AT MY OWN EXPENSE. If I only knew what I know now, I would have bought a different brand.
By the way, I asked tech support for a customer service phone number. They said they do not take calls! Was provided a fax number. I faxed and mailed a complaint letter over a week ago, and I have gotten no response.

DON'T BUY HUGHES! Other than the quality of the product, I love the way it works. I can't imagine not having TiVo now. But this Hughes product is unreliable, and the customer service is non-existent.Hughes GXCEBOT - DVR - TiVo - DIRECTV

No comments:

Post a Comment