Thursday, April 8, 2010

Philips HDR612 TiVo 60 Hour Digital Video Recorder

I bought one of the early models of TiVo, and added drive space to make it a 110 hour unit. I wouldn't bother watching TV without it. It really is everything it promises. I don't know what time a lot of my programs come on, or what day of the week, I just watch them when I feel like watching them. I have a one year old daughter, and I would especially reccomend TiVo to new parents. Without the ability to pause, or just stop and come back to it later, a new parent can't expect to watch anything all the way through.

Setup may be a bit complex, but once it's in place, it is simple to operate. My mother in law can figure it out when she comes to town. She can't figure out our X-10 remote control lights, or her own e-mail, but she can set TiVo to record her programs and figure out what she wants to watch. If she can do it, anyone can.

We use our TiVo so much we are planning on getting one for the little TV in our bedroom.Philips HDR612 TiVo 60 Hour Digital Video Recorder

No comments:

Post a Comment