Monday, April 19, 2010

RCA Akimbo Video On Demand Player Featuring the Akimbo Service

I got the Akimbo & plugged it in & connected it, no problem. The challenge I have with it is that after paying a $9.99 monthly subscription fee, I really expected to see some good content. But what I've found is that all of the good, premium shows & movies cost more--a couple of bucks individually. The shows that come with the monthly subscription seem to be lower tier national geographic/short form/special interest type of programming. It doesn't grab me as worth the monthly subscription fee & I find I'm not watching it enough to justify.





The other frustrating thing for me was that after getting it all to work initially, I had to go download the content, which basically took overnight since it's coming through my broadband connection. I'm not opposed to content being downloaded, but I what I really would have liked would have been a bunch of content preloaded on the device & "just there" so that I could get started watching!





The Akimbo UI is good and intuitive. They've done a good job integrating account management controls from the PC as well.RCA Akimbo Video On Demand Player Featuring the Akimbo Service

No comments:

Post a Comment